Mount Mary University Presents Annual Student Designer Fashion & Art Show
On Friday, May 8, creativity takes center stage during CREO, Mount Mary University’s annual event that highlights outstanding student work from its fashion, fine arts, graphic design and interior design programs. The one-day celebration of talent features a juried student designer fashion show and art and design honors exhibit.
The fashion show is a professional New York-style production with the energy and excitement of more than 75 original student-designed individual garments and collections. Knitwear, day dresses, tailored jackets and ensembles, children’s wear, evening and bridal wear, active wear and a collection featuring menswear will be showcased on the runway. This year’s show is themed “Ignite,” reflecting that a simple spark ignites an idea that can fuel an evolution.
The public is invited to purchase tickets for the 1:30, 5:30, and 8:00 p.m. fashion shows that take place at the Harley-Davidson Museum in the Garage, 400 W. Canal St., Milwaukee. Tickets are $20 for the matinee, $30-$50 for the early evening show, and $35-$50 for the evening finale that includes an after-party in Chrome, the Museum’s seasonal tent. For chaperoned middle and high school student groups, tickets are $10. Fashion show tickets may be purchased at mtmary.edu/creo.
The CREO fashion show incorporates numerous “real-world” elements, including an independent jury of fashion design professionals who review and select pieces to receive special recognition and awards during the event. In addition, a team of students from the Fashion Show Coordination class serve as the show’s production team. They recruit students as models, dressers, ushers and stage crew members, and support publicity with social media promotion. Event planning professionals handle the stage design, music, lighting, choreography and video.
Jurors for the CREO fashion show include:
* Melanie Kornis, Manager Technical Design and Quality – GM, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
* Linda Ott, Senior Designer, BonTon Stores, Inc.
* Kate Tishcer, Kohl’s Corporation
The 2015 fashion show production team includes:
* Sandra Keiser, Associate Professor, Fashion Show Co-Director
* Patricia Kuehnl, Instructor, Fashion Show Co-Director
* Paul Calhoun, Photography
* Jai Cherney, Jai Bird Productions, Music
* Kelly Kohl, Model Development
* Marshall Lee, Photography
* Florida Perry Smith, Premier Fashion Events, Creative Director/Choreography
* Logan Productions, Inc., Stage, Sound and IMAG
* PROline Entertainment, LLC, Lighting
* Faye Wetzel, Owner/CEO, Faye’s, Commentator
* Diane Yokes, Photography
CREO’s Honors Show of pieces from the School of Arts and Design features drawings, paintings, graphic designs and sculptural works by students in art and graphic design, art therapy, fashion illustration and interior design. Student designers will receive awards from League of Milwaukee Artists, Wisconsin Visual Artists (WVA) and Milwaukee Artists Resource Network (MARN).
The 2015 Honors Exhibit jurors include:
* Aga Artka, Aga Artka Interior Design, LLC
* Reginald Baylor, Executive Director – Plaid Tuba Holdings, Reginald Baylor Studio
* Jessica Frantal, MFA Candidate – Textile and Apparel Design, UW- Madison
* Kurt Thieding, Graphic Design Manager, Associate, Kahler Slater, Inc.
Event sponsors include: BMO Harris Bank, Brady Corporation, Fashion Angels Enterprises, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, KS Energy Services, MillerCoors, and media sponsors M Magazine and BizTimes Media.
For additional information on CREO, visit mtmary.edu/creo.