Covering arts, culture, politics and entertainment, the Shepherd Express (Est. 1982) is devoted to bettering our community and enriching our readers through astute, uncommon news coverage and honest writing.
Locally owned and published by editor Louis Fortis, the Shepherd Express has thrived and grown to over 250,000 readers each week in the greater Milwaukee area (Milwaukee, Washington, Waukesha, Ozaukee and Racine Counties). We are the largest alternative newspaper in Wisconsin. We distribute weekly to more than 1,200 high-traffic locations.
Freelance News Reporter
We are seeking a News Reporters. Responsibilities will include generating ideas for news articles, covering specific beats, conducting interviews and providing our readers with a deeper understanding of the political, economic and social issues driving the stories. Previous writing experience is required.
To apply for the position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time, Circulation Driver
We are seeking a part-time circulation driver. Qualified candidates must have a good driving record, an appropriate vehicle with insurance, be physically fit, and be available every Wednesday beginning in the morning.
The Shepherd Express has been recognized by The Business Journal as one of Milwaukee’s Top Workplaces.
We are looking to add an Account Executive to our successful sales staff. The candidate must be highly motivated, organized, have strong communication skills and ability to meet deadlines. A minimum of two years sales experience is required. Knowledge in Print, Online, Events and Social Media Sales are preferred.
• Consulting with businesses to develop creative solutions for their advertising needs
• Have an understanding of Digital Sales including web site, newsletter, social media and mobile sales
• Develop advertising proposals and campaigns for clients
• Conduct meetings with clients to present developed materials
• Prospecting for new business clients
• Ability to close sales
• Must be able to work Independently
• Be highly motivated
• Have strong communications skills
• Be organized and possess the ability to meet deadlines in a high-paced environment
• Have a vehicle
• Have a minimum of two years sales experience
• Base salary during training period
• Company provided laptop
• Car allowance
• Medical and dental benefits
• Retirement Plan with company match
• Paid time off and holidays
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Account Executive" in the subject line. No calls please.